Friday, August 14, 2009

Plugging along

After having a long talk with Nicole in which we realized we have a very similar end-goal in mind for our lives, I'm feeling much more....motivated. I'm giving away a lot of things that I've been holding onto, and feel a shift in my thinking about keeping things that may have a memory but don't get day-to-day use. I'm working on taking pictures of and recording the stories of those things so that holding onto every last book, item, etc I like isn't necessary.

I just picked up these two books at my local bookstore today: Handmade Home and The Creative Family and I'm excited about them. It just so happens that after I ordered these earlier this week, I found out about a garage sale being given by the same ladies/company that held the scrapbook retreat I went to (and loved, loved, loved) last summer. They have their own line of scrapbook supplies (which I don't really need any more of) and fabric (which I could use more of, if I actually do some sewing....) so I'm going to try to plan out some projects tonight and see what I need.

Yeah for Friday. I'm a tired girl.

Oops--I just realized that I'm getting up at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow to drive to another town for that garage sale. Hmmm. This is what I get for being a big spender. :)

A lady at the bookstore today told us about how she used to work at Disneyworld, so I took a peek at our Disneyworld pics, and found this funny one. It's a great pic of how completely unimpressed and bored Kaeleigh was the whole time. Really. She didn't like it at all.


Maybe I'll remind her of that when she's older and wants to go back....."No, Kaeleigh, we couldn't possibly go. You hated Disneyworld! You don't like it!" :D

1 comment:

Anjanette said...

I've read that creative family book, but not handmade home. It was good.