Sunday, December 27, 2009

January 2010

I'm taking the month of January "off", not in the sense of my day job (can you imagine? :P) but in terms of the electronic world. Well, specifically, TV and internet. You see, although I have yet to complete the recently taken "Reclaiming my time" online class (more on this later), I did learn in one of the first exercises that I spend an estimated 42 hours a week online or watching TV. Now, granted, some of that TV time is watching shows with Miss K, but still.

I am miserably failing at completing any projects that don't involve housework. Projects like crafting, reading, self-work, bible studies, creating. Ya know...those things that I can push aside as optional, but really would bring much more meaning to my life than internet or TV.

The very obvious downside of my hiatus is that it'll keep me from being as up-to-date with my two tech-savvy sisters, and I really enjoy seeing all their daily tidbits of news from Facebook/their blogs/Twitter. But I'll have to call them more or (gasp!) write them a letter or something instead. You know: be old-fashioned about keeping in touch.

I'm hoping to get some pics of a few recent events on the blog before January 1 and will be participating in Twitter as usual until then. If I don't see you there, I'll see you in February!

1 comment:

Anjanette said...

Pushing restart is always refreshing! :) I'll call you, too!