But I am so.mad. right now that I don't feel that I can be true to myself without saying something.
Here's what I have to say:
I expect someone of your age to have gained some modicum of wisdom in the time you have spent on this Earth. Please take time to research something someone sends you in a forward before you just blindly go with it and forward such blatant lies to me.
This goes for anything that is posted on Facebook, too, though most of my family doesn't post frequently on Facebook. I did run across something on Facebook today about Obama canceling the National Day of Prayer and how we should all email him as Christians and demand it back. Um, okay. I'm an educated girl with the internet at my fingertips, so I go look it up.
He's not canceling it. He's not celebrating it in the White House with the same activities that Bush did, and is making it a quieter day. Do I think that's the *best idea I've ever heard*? No. Do I think he's Satan and planning to dismantle all Christians and God Himself? Um, NO.
Between the half-cocked truths and the absolute lies (John Kerry's wife funding terrorists anyone?) our country sits back and fights the pretend fights. The fights with each other (like I'm doing right now), the fights against specific methods of attacks on women in parking lots that are mostly fiction, the fights against a president that wasn't born in the U.S. (Really? You think no one checked this out at some point? I have to show my birth certificate to get a freakin' driver's license!), and the fights against TV stations not saying "God" anymore.
I heard something recently that I thought was great; it was given as a reminder to tell yourself so you don't over-react to little things.
"God is still on the throne."
We're fine.
There is evil out there, no doubt. I get sick thinking about all the of abuse, sexual abuse, mistreatment and torture, and people that want nothing more than to hurt others. But I know THIS: Good will win. God will win. We've already won. The light will beat the darkness, and it's already been done in the biggest way possible.
I want better in this life for myself and my kids, and I will create a home that is peaceful and loving and missing the violence and instability that I grew up with. And I will vote for presidents that I trust and that I feel are good people and I will trust my gut on this.
And I will only forward emails and post things here that I have researched first, so that I don't waste other people's time and energy.
I feel better.
1 comment:
You go girl!
Here here!
I get tons of fwd crap from my father-in-law & aunts & mom that I delete - if the title or first lines are political in nature I delete. Why? Cause I need less trash coming into my life not more.
I also feel this way about most any fwd.s honestly. I don't read the prayers and blessings for my computer or bother with the greatest person I know crap either - cause really - If I am the greatest person you know (wth? & ha!) then take the time and actually write me a note YOURSELF! Thankyouverymuch!
I do love the goofy & cute photos that make me LOL though! :)
Post a Comment