Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So behind

I'm so behind in updating. Sorry.

For whatever reason, I haven't been in an "update the blog" mood, though I've frequently thought of all the things I *should* be updating with. :)

Kaeleigh, for starters, is growing at an alarming rate. She can: clap her hands (a few days ago it was one hand open and one hand closed, but she's graduated), stand for a few seconds all by herself, eat yogurt (baby organic kind) and little baby food puffs. She got her second tooth on Christmas Eve which is *so* fitting for the "All I want for Christmas is my two front (bottom) teeth" song. :) She got her right top tooth in front on New Years Eve. What a big girl!

She's not sleeping worth a darn, or eating well for that matter. I guess what can you expect when you're popping out teeth once a week? We looked at the eight month info tonight and it said to feed her chunks of cheese and cubes of fruit and I was all "huh?" She chokes on those dang puff things most of the time.

She still isn't doing words or babbling, which she *could* be doing in theory. We're a teensy bit worried about it, but we're banking on the fact that she's sooo advanced physically and could very well start walking any day now (at 8 mths!) that her brain is busy with that and will get to the words later. She does squeal and grunt and is awfully vocal. In fact, today she started doing this really LOUD sort of yelling. Sometimes it's yelling at us--otherwise we don't have any idea what her issue is, which makes it all the less pleasant.

Skylar has done fairly well during her winter break. Michael goes back to work tomorrow and Skylar on Thursday. I know that having Dad home all break (such a blessing!) has helped tremendously. She and I get a little bit of cabin fever when it's just she and I. Dad and Skylar even went sledding a few days ago and had lots of fun. I'll be sad to see Michael go back to work, though.

That's all I've got for now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. It's 2008!!