It's nearly 10:30 and Michael is already asleep--very unusual for us. He had baby last night and she was a turkey. She slept through most of the night, but then was up almost constantly till morning. She's been taunting us with sleeping more often until 4:30 or 5:00am without her usual 1:00 and 3-hour subsequent wake-ups. She isn't really a traditional sleeper--"most babies" are sleeping through the night by now. Then again "most babies" (and I remember this loveliness with Skylar) take two good long naps during the day for 3+ hours. Not my little turkey. In fact, she's even started going from 1 to 1 1/2 hr naps to 20 and 30 minutes. So not cool. Will you tell her for us?
So it's my night tonight, but for now I'm on the laptop and feeling flush with possibilities. I have a free 30-day trial (will not be renewing--so expensive!) for XM Radio online, and I only listen to the Oprah and Friends talk channel. I have a free scrapbook class to take online that I'm excited about. I get to finish the new Beth Moore program, and my Awakening Joy course has some videos for me to watch, too. So exciting! What do I want to do? What nurturing source do I want to dive into first? I love the internet. (listening to the Oprah channel now--so against the very smart anti-multitasking movement)
I can really use the nurturing, too, today. Kaeleigh's lack of naps means less Mommy time and less Mommy decompression time during the day. She's also terribly bored with her toys (how can you tell a 9-mth old is bored? you show her the toys and she crawls away) and at the same time being pretty high-maintenance. Whew.
She's showing such a LOVE for reading. Either that or it's a love for animals (nearly all have animals), but she's obsessed with something. Instead of reading books as often as playing (and reading them once), we now read books about 1/3 of the day and we read them over and over. I'm all for books--heck, I got them for her! (most of them)--but there are many times that I'm about ready to hide them all. :)
My sister Anjanette is due today--come out baby!!! Send your prayers her way, if you would. Love you, Anjanette!