Sunday, July 19, 2009

The latest

Yesterday we went to church; not big news, *but* it was an eventful event. (grammar?) Miss Kaeleigh threw a huge fit about needing her diaper changed and insisted that we go to the "right" bathroom although I'm not sure what bathroom that is because the ones I found didn't fit the bill. On our trek to find one, we stumbled by the new nursery, which is near the new building that we were in. We stopped in to play for a minute (and she was fine with changing her diaper in there) and after being gone a while, I realized that Michael may be wondering where we were. I asked Kaeleigh if she was okay staying with Miss Kim and Miss Liz while Mom went to talk to Dad for a minute. She was and they gave me a beeper to take with me. (loving technology at work!)

Now the short version, to save you all the back and forths, is that I only attended church for about 5 minutes (aside from the start that all of us had together before the fit/nursery). The rest of the time I was hovering outside the nursery door, out of sight (of course!) and making sure that she wasn't upset or needing me and that the teachers were being nice. :) Funny thing was, I did hear one of them talking smack on how we spell Kaeleigh's name before she knew I was standing there and she noticed me seconds later. Hmmm.....I almost feel like I was part of God teaching a lesson. :) I'm not more than a teeny bit offended--I'm sure we'll hear a lot how goofy we are when she gets in school.

So Kaeleigh did fine...I was an anxious mess, but it was a good first step for both of us. Gotta start somewhere. Oh, and Miss Liz said (while we were whispering back and forth outside the door), "Is she your first?" to which I of course had to say, "No." lol

I did take a picture of where I was standing and the view I had, just for you, and it will be posted once I get my pictures uploaded. I figured a visual is always helpful, not to mention a good helper to tell the story to little Kaeleigh someday. :P

No comments: