Saturday, August 18, 2007

Blech

You should see my face. Actually, be glad you can't. It's nearly entirely covered in red bumps which are itchy and terribly attractive. The most likely culprit is the wonderfully decadent Cindy Crawford skin-care line I purchased through an infomercial. I know. But it sounded really great, and the fundamental idea behind it is to use it when you're young and it's maintains your skin--I believe it was termed age-maintenance. My skin isn't acne prone or anything, but it certainly could use some improvement, so I was excited to try something new and fancy. Well, used it for two weeks and then a few days ago I noticed some bumps all over. The next day, and today, too, it's a nightmare. Logically I should leave it alone, but I'm having a lot of trouble doing that since it's so uncomfortable and seems to be getting worse even though it's been two days since I used the products. I just put some hydrocortisone cream on my face a few minutes ago and sat down to research it online. That seems to be what I needed to be doing in the first place. Oh well. I hope it works pretty darn fast, seeing as how we have some shopping to do today and I'd rather not be out and about in all my glory. :P

OK. Are you sitting down? Kaeleigh was CRAWLING this morning. Yep. Not like up on all fours, but doing a very close imitation of the army crawl. Bottom line is that she was moving herself across the floor. I can't believe it.

Last night (on her 4 mth bday, though we didn't make that connection until after), she had her first cereal. She did pretty well, I'd say. She frowned a lot, but then she'd open her mouth and eat more. As expected, there will be pictures of the event the next time we upload pics.

I also keep forgetting to tell you about her kisses. For a while now, she's given us kisses. If you kiss her mouth or on the side of it, sometimes she'll turn her mouth toward you and open wide. Occasionally you'll even get a little bonus and she'll stick her tongue out, too. :)