Thursday, August 23, 2007

The sun is shining!

We've had some gloomy days lately; have I already told you this? I think I have. Today is a beautiful, sun-shiny day, though, and I'm loving it. Tomorrow we are going to the fair and rodeo after Michael gets off work, and it is supposed to be the last really nice day for a bit, so that works out well. We get free! tickets to the fair and rodeo from his company, and this year we'll be in box seats for the rodeo with the other staff. Aside from the yearly fair perks, we get free internet and free web hosting; there will definitely be some perks we'll miss when we aren't with this company anymore.

I've been noticing when I'm out shopping that there are signs up in the card areas for upcoming holidays like "Sister Day" "Friendship Day" and "Grandparents Day." I have to tell you that with me barely squeaking out arrangements for Skylar's bday, I won't be out supporting Hallmark's extra holidays this year. I think they're great, and don't get me wrong--I love an opportunity to send a card. But it's not going to happen this year, so to my sister(s), friends, and grandparents: we love you lots. Happy Holiday! :)

Our God is an awesome God. Since my post about the mean ole construction workers driving me mad, there has been blissful silence. Blissful. It's been wonderful, especially, because Kaeleigh had her shots on Tuesday and she always sleeps a lot and is fussy for days after. She's gotten to have some nice long naps and I haven't been dragging her all over Silverdale.

Okay. Speaking of Kaeleigh--she's freaking us out. :P

Monday: she reached out one arm to go to Dad, and then reached out her arm to go back to Mom. She also *volunteered* a kiss--I was holding her and she opened up her mouth big and wide and kind of wiggles her head back and forth until I pull her close for a kiss. *The* sweetest thing.

Tuesday: unusually not enamored with Dad being home, she reaches BOTH arms to Mom. I lie down with her on the couch and get lots and lots of kisses without even asking.

Wednesday: said "Da" when I was on the phone with Michael; he got to hear it

Today: very clearly said "Mama" twice when she was sad. She also did her sign language for "eat" when we were asking her if she wanted to eat.

Okay, seriously. This is too much! Tell her to slow down!