Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Change

Well, I'm happy to report that the sunshine has returned. We've had the low 80's the past two days and will have 70's for about the next week. My regret is that we're not out and "enjoying it" but such is life. We have a babe, which isn't easy to keep entertained at the park especially since we need to keep her out of the sun, and then there's that crazy thing called life. You know, school, work, naps, feedings, dinner, homework, etc. I think it'd be easier if we had a backyard, but we currently only have a deck that is decidedly leaning at an angle and cracking (more about that later) so I don't think we'll be enjoying any outside time by means of our apartment. It's just not worth it at this point to load up everyone and drive somewhere to enjoy the sun.

Darrel is coming tonight, and there is a LOT that still needs done. I'm admittedly not as worried about cleanliness as I might be with other relatives LOL, but I do want to clean up and I need to get the sheets and towels washed etc. We're getting there--part of the problem is that most of it can't be done when Kaeleigh is sleeping so we have these little 45-90 minute windows to do things, but of course I can't just ignore her for that long during the day so most of it is done when Michael is home and we're not doing anything else. It'll be nice to have family here and I'm so excited for him to meet Kaeleigh and see how big Skylar is!

I had my physical yesterday. It went well--I was pretty nervous with the new doctor but he was nice enough. My cholesterol wasn't terrible: 214. The best news of the day was that I had requested the Cardio CRP test (email me if you don't remember what that is or you can look it up, too) and I did *so* good! The test runs from 0-10 as a score. 0-0.8 (or 0-1) is low, 1-3 is medium risk, and above 3 is high risk. Unfortunately :( my husband scored a 4, but we're taking steps to help with that. My score? 0.1!!!!! Go me! It makes me feel a lot better to know I'm at such low risk, especially given my cholesterol goings on.

Oh. The deck! So it seemed like my prayers had been answered when the construction workers started *painting* our deck instead of tearing it down. Woo hoo! Problem is that since they started doing all the banging around beneath and to the sides of us, we have gotten a crack in our patio that has spread from one side to another. It's also definitely leaning. Mmm hmmm. So I told them about it, they came and sealed the cracks, and there is supposed to be a contractor coming out this week sometime to look at it. Supposedly he (the contractor) already looked at it and determined that my beams (unlike the neighbor's) are not rotting and so don't need to be replaced. Hmmm. In the meantime, everyone is forbidden from going on the deck and we'll wait and see. I personally think it's pretty *crappy* that after all my whining and hating the work they were going to do on the deck, they may still need to even though I was *going* to get out of it. What's up with that?

Did you know Kaeleigh will be 5 mths old on Monday?!