Darrel left today to go back today to Minnesota, so today has been kind of....adjusting. It just so happened that today was a *really* hard day in and of itself, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.
Since Darrel was leaving, the three of us (big people) stayed up super, super late and talked. We did a LOT of that while he was here and stayed up too late almost every night, so I suppose it's only natural that on the last night we'd just jump off the deep end and stay up almost the entire night. You'd think we were young whipper snappers, and we're not!! (well, at least Michael and I aren't) Believe me, I was aware of that today. LOL
It would have been much better today if things had progressed normally. Kaeleigh takes, on average, two two-hour naps during the day. Sometimes longer. Today? Two 20-minute naps. Mmm hmmm. I had planned to catch up on my sleep that way, and that obviously didn't work out. My usual routine is to wait to drink any coffee until after she's had her first nap so that I can sleep with her. This usually means that I'm up from about 6am-9:30am coffee-less, and then get to crash. Today I finally gave up and had coffee about 10:30. One of the biggest issues was me getting woken up after 20 minutes of sleeping. I'm obviously soooo tired and just basically pass out when my head hits the pillow, and then get woken up almost right away. (see previous posts for references to how this is *bad* for my mood) By the time we had our eye appts in the afternoon, I was really feeling like I was about to lose it. Kaeleigh wasn't sleeping, was fussing, was doing this weird crying thing whenever I'd try to put her down even to go the bathroom. Her poor little lip would curl up and she'd start crying so sadly (which she really never does), and I would've been completely sympathetic (instead of just 2/3 sympathetic) if I didn't *really* need to go to the bathroom about five minutes ago.
I know you love all these details. It's like you're right there with us! :P
Skylar's sick. Uncle Darrel came with a terrible cold and cough and sore throat. He was sick for about the first two days and then got better. I'm sure hoping she doesn't have what he has. It's logically probably the same thing, but I'm still crossing my fingers. His came on really fast, and she's had just the sore throat and sniffles for more than 24 hrs. I was torn about sending her to school today. I'd planned to keep her home, thinking that she was getting what Darrel had. But after her literally running all over this morning and being so *loud* and *boisterous*, I had a hard time feeling like she needed to be here. We looked it up online and her symptoms were fine for school. I told her to wash her hands a lot. Do you think that happened? :)
Our house is in serious need of some attention, and I've been working on that a little tonight. We'd planned to do the big overhaul tonight, but that was before we knew we'd be terribly sleep deprived. I've gotten a few little things done--mostly things that make me feel better but don't make a bit of difference visually in our house of clutter. I'm telling myself that we'll get it done tomorrow. When we're rested.