Saturday, March 7, 2009

Us

I'm feeling scatter-brained, and it's late, but you certainly deserve an update, so cross your fingers that it makes sense. :)

Um....did I tell you that our TV died? We've planned to get a new one whenever it was a good buy (and had to acclimate ourselves to what current!! TV prices are in order to know) so long as we had one purchased by August....i.e. the beautiful cable reunion month. Well...we found one! It was nearly 1/2 off and the technology that Michael was wanting, which is pricier but will be better in the long term. I don't understand TV technology, and don't care to, but he likened it to mega-pixels on a camera. I'm so with him there. Let's get the best we can afford.

It's huge. It's a 32-inch TV and measures, actually, about 30" across, so it most certainly does not fit in the TV "slot" in our 1999 entertainment center. I've done some creative shuffling to re-decorate, if you will, the entertainment center and will post a pic when I have one since I'm sure you're *dying* to see. :)

It came in the mail yesterday so today was our first day watching it (it's on the top of the ent center), and it's going to take some getting used to. We've been watching DVDs (almost entirely My Friends Tigger and Pooh....in fact, there has been no grown-up shows at all) on Michael's laptop, which sat in a chair in the corner of the living room, for over a month now. Our necks will have to adjust. :) We went from, say, a normal size screen to small to huge in a pretty short time. And, Miss Skylar I'm sure feels better because we could tell she was super self-concious about not having a TV. Can you imagine?

I'm plugging along on my online class. I've fallen behind a little and forced myself to catch up with what I didn't have done before I viewed the next lesson (which came out yesterday morning). It's been tough! I'm so excited to see what's next, but this is actually really great for me. I'm developing new, much-needed habits lately--including finishing one thing before barreling into another. I'm even, *gasp*, finishing one book before reading another one. No way!!!

So things are well and the kids are growing and the house is a mess (again! I had been doing so good!) so I guess that means that things are normal. :) Here's a pic to leave you with:

How sweet are they, both reading? :)

No comments: