Are you ready? I took her to the doc today and manhandled her all over the place (and she was so good!) to see how much she weighed and how long she was. I had to! There's a special page in her baby book for 3 months, and I can't very well fill it in with 2 mth or 4 mth info, now can I?
13lbs 3 oz and 25 inches long (she's grown basically 5 lbs and 5 inches!)
The nurse (not our normal nurse) said, "Wow! She's so long and skinny!" when I was getting her out of her car seat. Now, when she's grown up that'll be a compliment she'll adore, but it sort of bothered me at first. Babies are "supposed to be" chunky and delicious. But I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't meant insulting, that she may be a bit long and skinny, but she's also chunky and delicious in other ways, too, like her chubby cheeks and thighs. (thighs I claim, cheeks no LOL).
Oh! And an event on her 3 mth birthday! She's been holding on to her pacifier for probably a week or so, but tonight after Dad got home she actually put it back in her mouth! What a smart girl!
On to less fun topics......Skylar is being *really* mouthy lately. Michael and I discussed a few days ago in a conversation that went like this:
Me: "You realize she's so mouthy because we are, right?"
Michael: "Yep."
that we need to change how we talk to her so she'll change how she talks to us. So we've really been trying, and I for one have been stopping myself from saying a LOT of things in the wrong tone. But she apparently hasn't caught on quite yet to this new fancy way we're going to talk to each other. Her other new favorite game is to completely ignore me when I talk. Just nothing. That has it's own assigned consequence, but I don't have one for the talking yet, though tonight she didn't get to play her games that she likes to play on the computer or TV because of how she acted this morning.
When Kaeleigh was born and it was soooo hard, I literally cried thinking about how much I missed doing 7 year old things with Skylar. And now that Kaeleigh's not as hard, Skylar's upped the ante a bit and I'm thinking that I'm not such a fan of the 7 year old crowd. And I don't want any emails about how I should expect this from Skylar because of sibling rivalry etc etc. I know she'll have some behavioral changes because of Kaeleigh, but as her mom (and with her dad's input too) I know what things are because of baby and what things are because she's just misbehaving. Right now she's 99% just misbehaving.
And I am doing my best to be patient with this phase and not get too too impressed with the other girl in the house who thinks I hang the moon. Mmmmm......the struggles of parenthood.